Saturday, June 5, 2010

Grand Rapids Popcorn Company ROCKS

It occurred to me, as I carried the big basket down the campfire last night, that I have never shared this story with you and it is too wonderful to not share.

On the very last day of school, I loaded up my teary eyed sons and tearily drove them to the nearby town for a tradition of ice cream and then some time at the park. A good kick off to summer. We have done this for years, eat ice cream for lunch on the last day of school. And we were exceptionally sad this year, we were loosing one of our favorite teachers, a few of our friends and the WHOLE school was being torn down and rebuilt. That's a tough day, even for summer vacation to begin.

When we got to town, they were starving. We headed to the library first, just to begin our summer reading (its more fun when it's not due the next morning) and then went to get ice cream.

apparently the ice cream shop had not thought about how there might be some of us out there who like to have ice cream for lunch.

The boys were starving, I felt like a terrible mother and after a quick stop at the park (we were starving, there wasn't much energy for running if you're hungry) we headed back home to the little grocery store to load up on ice cream.

Nothing grand, but still, it was ice cream for lunch.

We pulled into our driveway at home, me feeling like this was the worst last day of school ever, and noticed a HUGE box on our doorstep. I checked out who it was addressed to, thinking it was the wrong house. It read....

"Fox 17 Morning Mom Denise D-"

That's me.

It was from The Grand Rapids Popcorn Company. I had never heard of them.

The boys crowded around me as we looked at the gigantic box, I was literally shaking with excitement. But I really wanted Hubby to be home to share in whatever treasures the BIG BOX held, so we ate our melting ice cream and waited...and waited...and waited....

When Hubby got home, we were more than exuberant and tore into the box to see.....
We hauled it outside, this beautifully wrapped, filled and overflowing basket to the yard for Hubs to video us opening all the goodies......

We had cheesy popcorn, butter popcorn, caramel popcorn, gourmet popcorn, mixed popcorn, candied popcorn, candied nuts, cookies and chocolate.

But maybe by this smile from S4 you will see how happy they were......
This, this THIS is the ultimate in yummy. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I cried. I did. I felt overwhelmed with the blessing of it all on the day that our family needed a special surprise the most. It has been the most fun eating popcorn, sharing popcorn, seeing the big beautiful basket on the table......

Grand Rapids Popcorn Company, you have the most thankful family over here on our little farm. We are your biggest fans. And I just can't thank you enough.

You can fan them on Facebook, please do. You can order packages from them and have them sent anywhere....even to yourself. Please do that too. Thank them for being so wonderful to us! I guarentee you will love their selection, the popcorn is soooo yummy. Don't pass up on that caramel chocolate drizzled popcorn, oh, it melts in your mouth and is just soooooo yummy!

No comments: