Monday, July 12, 2010

Yummy Blueberry Shakes

I have five million blog posts to write to you all. Okay, maybe not five million but literally I am jotting notes all the time down next to the computer. I need to be grounded...sent to my room and refused to be let out until all these blog posts are done....I wish. Kids, they have it so good.

But I do have this funny little story to tell you.

I heard Cohagen's Chronicles talking about Blueberry Shakes and got thinking how yummy those are at the 50"s diner my Dad and Mom take me to every once in a blue moon and then wondered, hey, why can't I make them?

So I made the boys be my guinea pigs.

I made them with enough blueberries to make them blue and chunky a bit, vanilla ice cream and milk.

S1 sipped long. "Moma, these are sooooooooo good. You could, like, be a professional shake maker."

S2 agreed with, "Yah, you should really get a job at McDonald's."

"McDonald's!" S1 cried. "Oh no, somewhere better than McDonald's!" He sipped again. "Burger King or some place nicer like that!"

I'll take a compliment any way I can.....

2 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

McDonalds? Burger King? Oh no, boys... Mommy's going to work at Wendy's!!!

Karen said...

Love it! Can I have fries with that?