Friday, June 10, 2011

Buck Howdy Concert

You all should know by now that my family is a HUGE Buck Howdy fan.

I have long suspected he is one of the nicest men ever...I've blogged such thoughts...so when he contacted me to do a FREE concert at our little small town library, my suspicions were confirmed...

He is one of the nicest men ever.
We were exceptionally grateful he would do this for us. My friend (and head librarian) Alicia and I worked to make sure we were ready for the day. My friend Korene (who is the most awesome graphic artist/artist/generally all around awesome person) made flyers and invites and all sorts of things that I have no idea how to do or who to talk to about. My friend Sue, whom you all know and love, helped me out of a huge pickle when all of our town went dark with no electricity mere hours before the concert due to a huge wind storm. Thankfully we gained power LESS THAN AN HOUR before the Buck Howdy was due to arrive. Sue rocks, that's all there is about it.



Buck Howdy rocks. Literally.

And our little small town PACKED the library to let him know how much we loved him and how thankful we were to him for taking time out of his travels to stop by and sing a bunch of songs with us.



Even the adults had a good time. How could we not? Buck had us laughing and singing along. I think a smile was on my face for an hour straight. Seriously.

Our boys? They are huge fans. And they were the rowdiest, loudest group in the back. I loved watching my boys sing along to their favorite songs...which was about all of them.

I am forever grateful to Buck Howdy for making such a wonderful memory for my boys.



For an entire town.


We were all impressed with his personalized guitar.


And I was super impressed with his boots. But I didn't tell him that. I just took a picture and thought "The Farmer's Wife HAS to see these!"


As our time came to an end, we were sad to see him go. In fact, one little girl was so distraught she cried for him to say and sing some more. So he got out his guitar and sang a song, just to her, and gave her a hug goodbye.



He took time to take pictures with everyone who asked for pictures. He took time to sign every piece of paper.

He took time for all of us because he cares. Because he is really that great of a guy.


I am so thankful that Sue asked me to start blogging. That she posted a picture of Buck Howdy's cd on her blog for a post I wrote and she shared. I am so thankful that Buck Howdy read that post and has been a friend of our family ever since.

I am so thankful that he is, in fact, just as wonderful as I thought he would be...even more so. And I really could never thank him enough for his generosity.



Buck Howdy has no idea I wrote this post. But I wanted it out there for people to know how thankful we are, and how wonderful he is. Please take a moment to check out his great kids music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise
Thanks to you, the Library & Sue for working so hard to pull this off!!! THANKS BUCK HOWDY for playing for all of us!!!
Everyone had a blast!!!
The boots were noticed by members of this fam as well!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
SS

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

What a great guy. Every once in a while, you come across someone with a genuinely kind heart. :)

I LOVE all the signs!

Amy said...

That is SO cool. I love his boots too.
We will have to check out his music. :)

Anonymous said...

Just back on the west coast - and read your blog piece. You're far too kind. I had WAY more fun than anyone else - and we're gonna get together again - the only question is when.

Folks there were so kind - I was humbled to get to sing for them - you're all fortunate to have each other as neighbors.

Thanks for all you did to make it possible.

BH

PS - all those folks waiting for the cd I ran out of will be getting them in the next week or so. Sorry for the delay.