Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beach Days and How I Survived Walmart

This is what I would call a totally random rambling post.
You have been warned.

S4 is totally into making art right now.
All
The
Time
(yes Becca, I can hear you laughing)
He draws pictures and uses rolls of tape and toilet paper rolls and anything he deems art worthy.
He drew me this picture of the beach.
Because him and I? We are total beach bums in the summer.
Guess who's me and who's him?
As I hung this latest work of art up above my oven, I noticed the picture I had hung it up next to.

It's a forever long ago taken photo. I had gotten into Walmart with all four boys, wrangled a cart, was beginning shopping when I noticed what my cart actually looked like.

And why people would stare at us.

I couldn't resist a photo. And since I didn't have a phone that took a picture with it at the time, or a digital (okay, honestly, at this point in my life I didn't even have a camera. Can you imagine me cameraless? Everyone who knows me suddenly gasped, unable to fathom such a thing.)

So I grabbed one of the disposables they have for sale (Walmart, you have everything) and snapped the photo. And for some reason, I have this one accidentally printed as a 5x7. I have no idea why. And I just found it again in a bottom of a drawer so I put it up on the wall to remind me that once I did survive shopping like that.

And that my boys were really that little.

And to not blink so much...cuz they sure are growing up much too quickly.
That itty baby? He drew me the beach picture. And when I took that photo, I never imagined one day I'd hang his art work next to that quick photo.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

How awesome that you captured that memory - and that you survived such intense shopping trips!

Chelsea said...

This makes me want to cry! They do grow up SO fast!
Also, you are supermom. Seriously. I pat myself on my back sometimes for being a mom to two. TWO. Not four. And certainly not four BOYS. You are amazing!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I love this post! It's one of my new favorites :)

And the crafting? I tell you, it just gets worse. Really.

And I COMPLETELY agree with Chelsea. You're a SuperMom!!

Oh, is Abe the one with the football helmet?

Anonymous said...

I love it!

And blinking is not really needed...ever. I tell Boo all the time to slow down, I don't want to miss anything!