Friday, May 1, 2009

A Moma's Sink

Here is a photo of my sink. I didn’t show you what was in the sink, that would gross anyone out. It can gross me out! Dirty dishes and dumped out cereal tend to do that to a girl first thing in the morning…or the afternoon…or at night before I go to bed, then it becomes the stuff nightmares are made of!

But I regress!

This is the way my sink looks right now. And I feel loved by it. All these flowers were picked by my boys and presented to me at different times. The Dandelions get refreshed regularly, the tulips were some exotic plant the boys were sure I needed inside and the daffodils, well, they just know I love those.

I used to get angry that they would pick them. The whole “NO! Do not touch Moma’s flowers!”

But then I thought how they picked them just to show me they love me. I watched them one day giggling as they picked a few of my beautiful daffodils I had worked so hard at to surprise me at the door.

They had chosen the best for me.

How can I deny them that?

My Daffodils and Tulips will come up year after year after year. But my boys will not always want to run outside in their bare feet, pick me some Dandelions, bang on the screen door cuz it’s settled on the door frame and it hard to open now, stand there with their hands behind their back and grin at me excitedly. “Guess what we find, Moma….tada!”

Ah, melts your heart, huh?

And I love it, so I just had to share it with ya’ll!

Oh, and the Tecnu in the corner of the sink reminds everyone that I am, in fact, a moma on a farm with all boys and we are ready for poison ivy season. And the candle is my favorite, can’t find it anymore, and I burn it on special occasions just cuz I can, being the only girl in this household!

1 comment:

mugs said...

I love this story. I have been so blessed to watch you with your boys and learn from you!