Thursday, February 12, 2009

Monster Trucks

This past weekend, my husband was sleeping recovering from a cold and my boys were watching Monster Trucks and jumping around and screaming. The house was shaking. Our bedroom is right next to the living room and the dining room/office is right off the living room too so my sleeping husband was bound to be disturbed by their loudness and my working on the computer was defiantly being disturbed by their rowdiness. Inevitably, someone falls into a wall, someone misses the jump onto the couch cushion and someone is running for a Band-Aid. It’s insane.

I got fed up. It was too noisy. You can only take screaming fans, a yelling broadcaster and the major rumble of engines blaring from your TV for so long as your kids stand on the arm chair or the coffee table or the stairs and fall onto the couch cushions they have removed from the couch to the floor as well as every pillow they can get a hold of just to see if they can ‘bounce’ when they have hit the now cushioned floor. They have never ever bounced. This has never ever stopped them.

To read the rest....visit Sue at http://www.praiseandcoffee.com/

Thanks and happy revved up reading! :)

1 comment:

ValAnn said...

I love it! It is so true that just being with each other can be the best time spent in a day. I only have 3 children, and only 2 of them boys, and I know the level of noise that hits my living room sometime, I can only imagine what having 4 boys does! Thanks for sharing that!