Friday, May 21, 2010

Jr's First Birthday

It's so hard to believe that Jr has reached a full year old now. It doesn't seem possible that it was a year ago that I got the call on a field trip with S2 that he had been born...or that awful incident in where I was late coming home from the hospital because the cop thought I was drunk driving...remember that one?

But he is indeed a full year old. His favorite foods are hot dogs and watermelon and my chocolate chip cookies. But he was pretty impressed with his cow patterned birthday cake too.

I wouldn't have missed his birthday for anything at all...well, except for the fact that we drove to the WRONG township hall and realized it when we seen that there were no vehicles there...THAT was super embarrassing, like, crawl under the rock and wait for the day to end. But we made it to the party with a dramatic entrance and had so much fun watching him open all his presents and make a big mess with his cake.

My brother and sister in law are doing a phenomenal job with this little guy. They are some of the best first time parents I have ever seen in action. That I get to have a part in this little guy's life...well, that's something I can't even put into words.

Happy first birthday, Jr!!!!!!


No comments: