Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Family Dinner

When the boys came home from school yesterday, they gobbled up...

Homemade chocolate chip cookies

Brownies

Bananas

I worried they might have spoiled their dinner appetite.

Last night for dinner I made.....

A large pot roast.

FIVE POUNDS of mashed potatoes.

A full bag of carrots, peeled and cooked with the roast and sprinkled with brown sugar.

Two cans of green beans with bacon.

A tube of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.


Long after the roast had been devoured, the boys were still asking for more.  They literally scraped the carrot bowl clean.  They fought over the last roll (I never even ate one).  When dinner was done, there was half a can of beans and just enough mashed potatoes to barely top the casserole we will be having later this week.

How on earth am I ever going to keep feeding these boys?


1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow Denise! That's impressive! I know that time is coming for me too. My boys eat a lot of snacks (more than I should let them probably), but when it comes to meals, the still just kinda pick at them.