Monday, October 26, 2009

S4 has Issues

S4 has issues. He wakes in the morning; he wails an “It’s still dark and we have to get up?” and stumbles down the steps to the table where he declares he has issues.

“I have lotsa issues, Moma” he wails.

“Really?” I ask. “What are they?”

“I am itchy and scratchy and my tummy says I am hungry.” He will be slumped over, his hands hanging to his knees.

Just how do you not laugh at that?

Whenever he is tired lately, whenever he is thinking he may be tired, whenever he thinks he needs bubble gum from Family Farm and Home or the little store down the road he starts in with his ‘issues’.

I really don’t know where it started. I suppose I inadvertently taught him. I’ll ask him on a tough day “do you have issues?” if he has been whining. I thought it was funny. He has taken it to a new level.

The other day we were headed home from church and he was starving and he was over tired. “Moma,” he wailed, “I have lotsa issues and I don’t know what to do to make them go away!”

And just what do you say to that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about,"Here's a tissue for your issue".;P If you don't mind teaching him a line from Austin Powers. What a cutie! I can't wait to get to know him!
Rebecca G.

Denise said...

it would make sense you would love him because we got 'issues' from you, I think! :) Crack me up. You really ought to see his face when he tells me these things. Today he could not help me in the store becaue his HAND hurt. His hand has hurt for no apparent reason other than he has to do something he doesn't want to. So I give him the mean mom look and he helps, but he cracks us up constantly. And really, he is sweetest............