Thursday, September 2, 2010

Holes in My Ears???

I was walking through the house, late, putting on hoop earring because, by golly, sometimes a girl just wants some hoops in her ears.

Usually I put earrings in while looking in the mirror. But this day I was walking from point A to point B as S4 stood in the doorway chattering away to me but his words came out slower and slower until he just stopped.

Since S4 sleep talks and wakes up talking - authoritatively - I was surprised he paused.

"How do you do that?" he asked shocked.

Huh?

He wanted to know how I put earrings in my ears.

"Oh, well, I have these holes in my ears and so the earring just go in the holes and hang from my ears," I explained.

He looked flabbergasted. Then horror spread over his face and he creaked out "Do I have holes in MY ears?"

I bent down and carefully studied both his ear lobes. "Nope, I don't see any holes," I assured him.

"Phew, that's good!" he replied, relieved.

And then he walked away from me as though I were some sort of alien with weird growths in my ears.

I could just hear him thinking "Girls are Crazy....."

2 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Love it. My boys do the same thing... they are amazed. Why in the world would you let someone poke holes through your ears???

Amy said...

This made me laugh so hard.

Jack sometimes says, Momma, can I wear pretties like you. One day I heard Joe say, "ya think he really likes girl stuff"

Relax dad. before long the testosterone will flow and if it doesn't, we will love em anyway.