Tuesday, January 5, 2010

S1, Johnny Cash and a Sermon

If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you know we have a fondness for Johnny Cash. The boys and I often listen to one of his greatest hits cds on the way into school in the morning. It's great fun.

One of the songs he sings Johnny Cash is quoting Revelation in “The Man Comes Around”. The boys happen to like that one a lot.

Anyhow, we were in church on Sunday night and our pastor has done this whole series on Revelation and he was wrapping it up. He had the congregation listen to a “bible on tape” recording of Revelation and when those words came up, well, my two oldest boys looked at me like “rock on, it's Johnny Cash!”

Well, church ended and it was late and we were headed home to get ready for bed and the school day to follow after two weeks of Christmas vacation. I was barking orders that began with....”As soon as we walk in the door, I want you boys in the shower.”

“But, Moma,” S1 quipped from the back, “Pastor just told us it says in the Bible that “he who is filthy should be filthy” still so I don't think I need to take a shower.”

He had to anyhow. Nice try, S1.

No comments: