Monday, August 9, 2010

A Snippet of Conversations Here

S4 was getting a piece of my birthday cake. Not the one with peanut butter that technically could be called breakfast food because it has a peanut butter filling, no, the cherry one...which is a partial serving of fruit (along with chocolate, cool whip and coffee).

He is holding the fridge open so I am forced to get the cake out for him and he says "Moma, did you know that apples grow on trees?"

I am picking out the smallest piece of cake for him. But my wonderful mom loves us so much she cut us HUGE pieces. "Yup, I knew that."

"It's really true. Almost all apples grow on trees."

Silence as I did not correct him to say ALL apples grow on trees.

I put the cake back in the fridge as I got him a fork. "You know what would be even awesomer?" he asks me.

"What?"

"If cookies grew on trees. Wouldn't that be awesomer? Yup, it really would."

It's moments like this that I cherish...and also yank my heart strings. I'll miss them so much when they go to school in a few weeks...especially my baby boy.

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Sort of like the Big Rock Candy Mountain...

If ONLY cookies grew on trees! And calories didn't exist....