Monday, February 28, 2011

Sometimes, A Cry Really is the Best Thing

Last night - Sunday night - I was at my wit's ends with the boys.

Well, to begin with, I was at my wit's end with the kitchen.

Well, before that I was at my wit's end with all the snow and ice and slush I was driving through.

And before that, I was at my wit's end with the boys. Because they just kept fighting and bickering and screaming "I'm gonna tell!" and then they would whimper "Moma? ______did this to me...."

Mostly it was S3 and S4, admittedly. But I'd come around a corner and S2 would be there silently crying because one of his little brothers did something to him.

S1 just hid out in his bedroom, reading another book for the weekend.

I know we all have spring fever. I tossed, uh, URGED, the boys outside and after a bit they came back in - soaked. The snow is melting, which is a good thing, but there is so much of it they can't do much of anything but get soaked.

After telling them to get ready for bed and then hearing them bemoaning that they had not eaten in over two hours, I made chips and cheese while they bathed in shifts.

Except S3 and S4 took a bath and filled it to an inch of the top of the tub.

Where it sloshed out.

And then they knocked over the newly filled dog water. All over the bathroom floor. On accident, of course.

Then S2 took a 20 minute shower, S1 took a quick shower, and all of them sloooooooooowly ate chips to stay awake longer.

All the hot water being used meant I wasn't getting a shower - at all - and all the dishes I had cleaned at one point in the day and were now stacked all over my kitchen wherever you looked were not getting washed.

After the timer threat on the boys, they filed upstairs, where I soon seen the chandelier in the dining room swaying back and forth because they were doing I don't know what.

Feeling totally pitiful and needing a good cry, I curled up on my soft bed and happened to glance down as my head was about to hit the pillow and spied the women's Cabela's catalog (they are on to us now).

I decided to flip through it.

Because there, on it's pages, were THE pair of boots I have dreamed of owning! Beautiful supple brown leather! Perfect for every springtime and fall dress I love to wear! Someone had created them Just. For. Me!

I searched the price. And realized I would have been much further ahead to have just buried my head in my pillow and cried over the boys because now I had boys and boots to cry over.

Hubby walked in from his church meeting, found me all forlorn and laughed at me.

Yup, it was a good day for a cry.

If you want to see them, here they are......BOOTS.

on a happy note
20 days till spring!

4 comments:

The Farmer said...

THREE HUNDRED TWENTY WHAT!!!! For boots. I mean, they are pretty nice looking boots and all, but dang. Try Sierra Trading Post.

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

i liked you and was about to feel sorry for you...until you showed me the boots. i mean really. so unfair. those boots are screaming my name.

maybe we could split them :)

ValAnn said...

I would cry too - boys will have their days, but those boots, even on sale... OUCH!

Anonymous said...

327??? Ouch!

Had a few really tough days over here. I could just sit and cry as well, but trying to stay strong. You know it's all gonna come crashing down no matter what cuz I'm a woman and women just need their cryin' times.