Friday, February 19, 2010

Prayers Answered for a Ten Year Old S1

For Christmas, S1 was given a calendar only. Bless his heart, he was happy with the calendar of hunting scenes. Truly, he is a terrific young guy!

But, on February 19th we wrote “WILD BOAR HUNT”. From January 1st to that date I had a countdown written down for him.

He was more ecstatic than I could ever hope to put into words.

So imagine his complete anguish when he woke up on February 18th with the flu. And not any flu bug, a doozy of the flu. All week he had been worried this might happen as more and more kids from his class were sent home sick.

He was sicker than he has been in years.

Laying on the couch he began to have tears literally drip down his face. “Does this mean I can't go on the hunt?”

Oh, just break my heart into a million little pieces.

So, I put out a call on face book asking everyone to pray really hard.

He did not eat dinner, he took two naps, he ate about a handful of crackers, he laid listlessly all day long and when he woke up this morning, he literally was jumping up and down for joy, he felt great. Super great.

He was pacing he was so excited to get going. Afraid his appetite would reappear in the middle of the night in the hunting cabin with his uncle, I made him his favorite cookies. With more than enough to share.

On our way to my brothers to drop him off, his little legs were shaking with excitement. “Feel like you could just jump up and twirl around and leap for joy because you are so happy?”

“Defiantly.” he laughed.

Laughed. Thank you ever so much, God, for this answered prayer.

And believe me, I will let you know how the hunt goes.....

1 comment:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Awh! So glad he was feeling well enough to go -and I can't wait to hear how it went!!