Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Surprise from S2

It's been an unusually rough patch with S2. He struggles with reading and while he has finally found some books he truly enjoys reading (the Henry and Mudge series by Cynthia Rylant), he still would rather play hockey in the driveway, slide down the snow banks with his cool sled, watch TV, stare into space....just about anything other than homework. This has lead to some rough nights and mornings filled with tears as he realizes he doesn't have his work done and only himself to blame.

He also is the worlds biggest cheerleader. He will clap and cheer his brothers on with everything. “Great job bringing in the groceries. Way to go.” “Man, you are doing great, Dude, clearing the table.” “That was some great work shoveling the steps.” The problem is, HE is supposed to be doing these things.

I am exasperated with him, I will admit it.


And when I don't think I can take much more he does his new favorite coolest thing ever to do. He flaps his arms and walks/hops through the house making out LOUD chicken sounds. He thinks he makes a great imitation of a chicken.


S1, always supportive, finally told him he didn't need to KEEP showing us he could do chicken sounds, we have it figured out already.

So today when he wanted to quickly pull on his jacket and run out to help his Daddy bring back all the soda cans we have been collecting the past few months, I figured he wanted to have a break from his Moma.


Imagine my surprise when he stumbled into the house, HUGE grin on his face and pushed under my nose a bouquet of flowers. “These are for you, Moma. I bought them all by myself. They were five dollars and Daddy had to give me 35 cents but they are just from me because I knew you liked them from when we went there before.”


My heart stopped a moment.


And then it totally melted.

3 comments:

Praise and Coffee said...

Precious! These are the moments we cling to!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Oh. My.

How sweet is that?

You should be proud, because that came from his parents :)

Denise said...

Becca,

that was the sweetest compliment, thank you!!!

Sue,

oh, you know I do!