Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Pioneer Woman Makes Me a Cool Mom

Every Saturday morning at ten am you can find me in the same place.

My kitchen.

And I will be there with my Life Is Good coffee mug, filled with fresh coffee, sitting on my little red stool, watching the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.

The Pioneer Woman makes me a cool mom.

I didn't expect that.

I have the Pioneer Woman's first cookbook (the image above is for her second book, out this spring.  You can pre-order it HERE.)

We have a few of her recipes that I make regularly for dinner and the boys like a lot.  But when they watch her show on the Food Network station with me on Saturdays, they think all her food looks good.

Last Saturday, Ree made Strawberry Jam.

Three boys turned to me and said, "Hey, WE make jam with you!"

I instantly became a cool mom.

The boys are quite certain that Ree and their Moma would get along grandly.

(I think I would have to agree with them on that.)

S2 is certain he would be an excellent rancher because he likes to wake up at insane hours of the morning. S3 is sure that Ree could use some boy help in the kitchen.  S4 just hopes to get to ride in a gator.  Or play football.  And eat lots of food.

I made something new for dinner the other day.  S3 looked at me and said, "Did the pioneer woman make this before?"

"I don't know," I answered, looking again at my well used Betty Crocker cookbook.

"Hmm," he answered.  I can interpet that for you. "Well, it won't be very good then."


This Saturday, we gathered in the kitchen again to watch it.

It's quickly becoming one of my most favorite times of the week.

Because of the Pioneer Woman, sure, but mostly 
because of the time with  my boys.

Have you read her book?
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels
I HIGHLY recommend it.
I figured it would be good, it was even better than good.

No comments: